Atherton Roofing Contractors
When it comes to roofing homes, there are various options available. Atherton roofing contractors always decide on the best roofing option based on the architectural style of a house and geographical and weather conditions.
Here is a list of the basic types of roof designs Atherton roofing contractors use:
- Flat roofs are flat and are easy to build with fewer materials and manpower. This is why it is best for commercial buildings, but does not look good on most homes. However at times, it may be used in modern style homes.
- A gabled roof has two slopes that create a ridge at its top to look like the ‘letter A’ from either side. Atherton roof contractors ensure these roofs are braced properly during installation to prevent any collapse due to heavy winds. The advantage of using this roof is that its slope lets snow and rain run off easily.
- Tudor and Cape Cod style homes look best with cross gabled roofs. This roof has two gables crossing each other and is an expensive roofing option as it requires extra material and manpower to make it.
- The front gable roofs are commonly used in Colonial houses while pavilion hipped roofs are common on colonial, ranch and Cape Cod style homes.
- Dutch colonial style homes and American farmhouses look best with a gambrel roof. This is a roof with a flattened gable roof style that looks more like a bell than triangular when viewed from its side. In some homes, this roofing may be front or side facing, based on the design of the house.
- Atherton roofing contractors use hipped roofing for most bungalow style homes. These roofs slope up from all the sides of a building, are low pitched to let snow and rain run off easily and has large eaves. This is a better roofing option in regions with high winds as it is more aerodynamic than gabled roofs and can withstand high winds.
- Cross roofs and can withstand high winds.
- Cross hipped roofing is similar to a hipped roof but has two sections crossing each other.
- Mansard roofs have a flat area at its top and are not a perfect triangle shape. It is commonly used in French Chateau and Ranch style homes.
- Sheds are cheap and easy to build and lets snow and rain run off easily.
Atherton roofing contractors choose the appropriate roofing for your home based on its design, your budget and of course, your deadline.